To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Qualified Chartered/Certified Accountant you will have your own portfolio of clients. Our client portfolio ranges from relatively straight-forward personal tax returns to medium-sized companies, however, the vast majority are London and South East based, owner-managed businesses. This means that we are regularly the clients first port of call for professional advice, meaning that there is a wide range of demands placed on the role. You will be responsible for managing your portfolio of clients, and the wide range of work that goes within that.
A typical week might start by preparing a set of quarterly management accounts out the office at the clients’ premises. You then move onto a set of year-end accounts, which would include preparing the corporation tax returns and any personal tax planning, and passing the file to the Partner – including preparing all the handouts ready for the client meeting (which you’d normally be involved with). To finish the week might then have some forecasts or business models for a client looking to grow to assist with their resource planning. And of course, there would usually be some VAT returns that need to be prepared and the ad-hoc advice required for clients using a cloud-based accounting package, like Xero. And this is just a snapshot of a week – no two weeks are the same!
The role is great for either those looking to move away from a larger accounting firm, and gain experience of OMB’s and improve your commercial awareness. Equally the role allows for those working at a smaller Practice to grow and develop their skills within a quality client portfolio.
- Office in the centre of Epsom, close to the station
- Discretionary bonus (10% of gross salary)
- 6 month pay and progression reviews
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company car / car allowance
- Early Friday finish
- Smart-casual office attire (suit but no tie)
- Quarterly socials paid for by the company
- Work succinctly across a range of clients
- Preparing accounts for clients, including preparation of corporation tax returns and personal tax returns where appropriate
- Bookkeeping for clients, including the use of cloud-based software. For example, Xero and Kashflow.
- Preparing management accounts and other reporting documents required by owner-managed businesses to assist with their day-to-day running of the company.
- Personal and corporation tax planning, to the level expected of a qualified accountant.
- Any other ad hoc business advisory services when necessary
- Work closely with other members of the team to develop your skills further
- We are looking for someone who has qualified in Practice and understands the needs of a General Practice accountancy firm
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Somebody who has a detailed understanding Cloud based accounting packages, and how the industry is changing (ideally Xero).
- Somebody who is proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Somebody who isn’t afraid to hit the ground running and learn within a small but fast paced team
- Someone who is able to deal with multiple deadlines and tight targets
- Good commercial awareness is a must – ideally the candidate has seen a wide range of businesses.
- Someone who is Professional and has client facing experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence
The office hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm (4.15pm on a Friday).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45k-£55k pa
Job Type: Full-time
, please email email@example.com