- To apply please email: email@example.com
Audit and Accounts Senior
- Epsom, Surrey
- Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Williams and Co are a small accountancy firm based in the centre of Epsom. We currently have 16 members of staff and are looking to grow over the next 12 months. Williams and Co cover all aspects of accountancy including accounts, audit, tax, payroll and bookkeeping. The majority of our clients fit within the owner managed business space across a range of industries.
As a growing business, we are always looking for new talent. Currently, we are looking for a full time Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant to start immediately.
The Role –
As a recently Qualified Chartered/Certified Accountant you will have your own portfolio of clients. No two days are the same. Our client portfolio ranges from relatively straight-forward personal tax returns to medium-sized companies, however, the vast majority are owner-managed businesses. This means that we are regularly the clients first port of call for professional advice, meaning that there is a wide range of demands placed on the role.
The Responsibilities –
- Work succinctly across a range of clients
- Preparing accounts for clients, including preparation of corporation tax returns and personal tax returns where appropriate
- Bookkeeping for clients, including the use of cloud-based software. For example, Xero and Kashflow.
- Preparing management accounts and other reporting documents required by owner-managed businesses to assist with their day-to-day running of the company.
- Personal and corporation tax planning, to the level expected of a qualified accountant.
- Any other ad hoc business advisory services when necessary
- Work closely with other members of the team to develop your skills further
The Person –
- We are looking for someone who has qualified in Practice and understands the needs of a General Practice accountancy firm
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Somebody who has a detailed understanding Cloud based accounting packages, and how the industry is changing ideally Xero.
- Somebody who is proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Somebody who isn’t afraid to hit the ground running and learn within a small but fast paced team
- Someone who is able to deal with multiple deadlines and tight targets
- Good commercial awareness is a must – ideally the candidate has seen a wide range of businesses.
- Someone who is Professional and has client facing experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence preferable
The Benefits –
- Office in the centre of Epsom, close to the station
- Discretionary bonus
- 6 month pay and progression reviews
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Early Friday finish
- Quarterly socials
The office hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm (4.15pm on a Friday).